Kung Fu Panda 4 (NO SPOILERS)

See a new film, or television series, or even hear of something upcoming? Talk about it here.
Dr. ReGen
Hatchling
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic Park Trilogy
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Spinosaurus & Carnotaurus
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Jurassic Park Series 1 Dr. Alan Grant

Kung Fu Panda 4 (NO SPOILERS)

Post by Dr. ReGen »

It's been less than 2 days since Kung Fu Panda 4 has been released, and so far people seem to like it but critics and youtube reviewers seem to call it "mid". Although, I do have a few concerns about the movie. Firstly, where in the world is the Furious Five? It seems they become more and more shelved with each installment with the exception of Tigress, but they appear to be completely absent from this sequel. According to an interview, the director explained that the group was "on their own mission" and will "see glimpse of them in the movie". Instead, the main characters we're stuck with is Mr. Ping, Po's Dad (aka Walter White), and Zhen-- who looks like she's from Zootopia.

The movie appears to be more comedy focused compared to KFP2's serious tone, and tries to throw a twist in it where Zhen is supposed to represent the in-between the black and white. As she's both a hero and a thief. Who knows, I might be on another schizo rant, but I want to know what y'all think of this sequel if there is an inch of care in you people regarding this franchise.

I've yet to see this movie and hope it's more than just decent.

Context:

It's been 8 years since the last KFP film was released, and of course there was a few TV series afterwards but content was bared. Fans are quite eager for this film like how people were with Jurassic World, the FNAF movie, or the next Shrek film.