The Dinosaurs of Jurassic Park (And The Lost World) Traveling Exhibition

Come talk about the series generally here!
TyrannosaurTJ
Administrator
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic World Dominion
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Tyrannosaurus
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Hammond Collection Tyrannosaurus rex

The Dinosaurs of Jurassic Park (And The Lost World) Traveling Exhibition

Post by TyrannosaurTJ »

So after the first movie there was a "The Dinosaurs of Jurassic Park" exhibit that traveled around the country and treated people to both props from the film, replicas of the SWS Dinosaur animatronics (stationary models) used for the film, concept pieces, and various pieces of actual dinosaur paleontology to talk about the science in the films. The exhibit ran until the second movie came out and was rebranded as "The Dinosaurs of the Lost World and Jurassic Park" and had more of a science-based focus than the previous exhibit, but still treated visitors to SWS dinosaur models and a couple of props and pieces of concept art from the films as well as a little 10-minute video with Jeff Goldblum talking about extinction. Eventually, it would go onto Japan and JP3 would have to be rebranded as the JP Institute tour. Eventually, the Jurassic World Exhibition would take over and be the new traveling exhibit. The original exhibits themselves were created by Don Lessem. I had emailed him a couple of years ago asking for information and even pictures of some of the props to which he said he simply didn't have any anymore. The first iteration of the exhibit had a really interesting prop I wish I would have gotten a picture of, but they didn't allow photography in the exhibit back then and that was the embryo storage units that had the dinosaur names on them from the first film. Something I would love to find out what happened to and where they are now - as well as the ability to get the dinosaur names from them.

Outside of that, this thread is for discussion and posting pictures about the exhibits (all of them) as well as sharing your favorite memories of attending it (if you still remember!) and hopefully helping fill in some of those blanks from our own experiences.
EdRegisPR
Hatchling
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic Park
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Tyrannosaurus rex
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: All of them!

Re: The Dinosaurs of Jurassic Park (And The Lost World) Traveling Exhibition

Post by EdRegisPR »

I remember seeing ads for this exhibition but never visited it myself. However, I think there are some (badly made) videos of it on YouTube from back when people had camcorders.