How did you become a Jurassic Park fan?

Come talk about the series generally here!
Dinos4Ever
Co-Administrator
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Male Tyrannosaurus rex
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Thrasher T-Rex

How did you become a Jurassic Park fan?

Post by Dinos4Ever »

When I was a 3 my aunt, a big sci-fi nerd herself (she also introduced me to SW), showed me the first movie and a love affair was created.
SOMETHING HAS SURVIVED
Benjenkinsrex
Compsognathus
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic Park
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Tyrannosaurus Rex
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Hammond Collection T.Rex

Re: How did you become a Jurassic Park fan?

Post by Benjenkinsrex »

I became a fan at 3 as I was already intrigued by Dinosaurs thanks to some toys at the daycare center I would play at and watching Land Before Time. Then my parents decided it was time for me to see JP and from then on I knew the Dinos would be a permanent part of my life.
Dinopunk
Hatchling
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Velociraptor

Post by Dinopunk »

My dad straight up took me to see the original film in theaters in 1993! About half way through the movie I think he realized it was probably a little too intense for a first grader but I insisted on staying because I thought the dinosaurs were cool. I hadn't really shown any interest in dinos before seeing the movie but afterward I was sold.
TyrannosaurTJ
Administrator
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic World Dominion
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Tyrannosaurus
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Hammond Collection Tyrannosaurus rex

Post by TyrannosaurTJ »

I was 3 or 4 when I saw the first novel come out, this was about in 1989. My mom told me that was a book with no pictures on it other than the front cover. Being someone who wanted dinosaur books with pictures that were also learning books about real once-living animals, I accepted that. I ended up remembering the name as it stuck out to me. Then in 92, I was seeing some kids' movie with a friend (I was about 8 at the time) and they had a poster for Jurassic Park. I immediately told my mom because I still remembered the time I was younger and we started some entertainment shows on television (before the Internet) and then saw an article in the newspaper about it. Eventually, we went before the movie and found the toys at Toys R Us at that time, I ended up getting the Young T-Rex and Muldoon (because he had a hatchling T-Rex), and then on June 11th we saw it at an 8 pm showing at a theater in town that is actually now a restaurant. The rest is history for me basically. Dinosaurs were always my go-to as a kid though and it's what helped bring Jurassic Park to me in a lot of ways.
Rexman97
Hatchling
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Original 3 (JP3 has nostalgia for me)
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Spinosaurus
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Bull T-Rex

Post by Rexman97 »

I was born in 97 and I remember watching the first 2 movies on VHS and they blew my mind; I actually thought for a year or so that they actually filmed reaI dinosaurs which is funny to think about now. I must have been about 3 at the time. They had a huge impact on me and I remember begging my mom to take me to see JP3 at the theatre after seeing the trailer on the tv, which she finally did. I still have fond memories of that as it was my first ever movie experience at a theatre. If the first two movies lit the spark, then JP3 was gasoline and I never looked back lol. I still remember target having an entire isle of JP3 toys and having a JP3 themed cake, twice. As I grew older I grew to appreciate JP and TLW just as much and I began collecting toys and memorabilia seriously as well when I got older. Naturally my love for JP sparked an interest in dinosaurs as well and it’s been a huge influence on my life and a source of great happiness and nostalgia.
EdRegisPR
Hatchling
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Tyrannosaurus rex
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: All of them!

Post by EdRegisPR »

I was a big dinosaur buff as a child and wanted to be a Paleontologist when I grew up. In May 1993 we moved to a new house that had a Target down the street and one day when we were shopping I came across an end cap in the toy aisles with Jurassic Park toys. I thought they were weird—I didn’t quite grasp the concept. There were images (from the collector cards) in like industrial places and people with little dinosaurs. I though it was like an outer space thing with people living aboard a space ship with dinosaurs.

Then, a few weeks later my Grandma announced she was taking me to see Jurassic Park. I had no idea what I was in for and upon seeing the film I was AMAZED! Of course, it had nothing to do with outer space. I had dreams of seeing the T. Rex stalking a savannah and coming across the Visitor Center lodge. I immediately bought the Dilophosaurus toy and never looked back!
sangheiliosthel
Compsognathus
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Velociraptor antirrhopus (The fictional JP Raptor species)

Post by sangheiliosthel »

I've always kinda liked them, but my actual fandom was recent (Like last year). Did a rewatch of the JP and JW trilogy concluding with a first watch of Dominion and just kinda loved it. Moment I started thinking about the movies in depth from the POV of the Raptors (and the Indo Rex or Indoraptor for JW and FK) was the moment I realised it was more then 'I think these are kinda neat' and bit more like 'Yeah I'm an actual fan of this'.
Blue my beloved.
The Indominus and Indoraptor were victims and deserved better.
JPIII is overhated.

But now, there is a someone in the world who isn't him.
- Courageous and Gentle
Zmey
Hatchling
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Dilophosaurus
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Mug

Post by Zmey »

I became fascinated by dinosaurs by very early age but didn't see the movies when they got out, just remember Jurassic Park III commercials on TV (I was 6 at the time). Watched Jurassic Park III first time at friends on early DVD (rented). Then some time later we got our own DVD player and rented whole trilogy. Watched everything, the movie, behind the scene specials etc. It was amazing.

I studied geology and paleontology because of this franchise lol