Predator: Hunting Grounds

Discuss the history or various games from the past to the present here!
TyrannosaurTJ
Administrator
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic World Dominion
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Tyrannosaurus
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Hammond Collection Tyrannosaurus rex

Predator: Hunting Grounds

Post by TyrannosaurTJ »

Has anyone gotten this? It doesn't have a single-player campaign per se, but it does have the ability to play alone with bots. I picked it up recently since the Steam Summer Sale and have been playing it and working out my Predator fantasies. I've also been working on leveling up my Predator to unlock cosmetics, weapons, and Perks. I do enjoy it - it makes it feel like the Predator movies somewhat too.
Nedryland
Forum Manager
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic Park
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Dilophosaurus

Re: Predator: Hunting Grounds

Post by Nedryland »

Sadly it won’t be realised on Xbox, and I’m not really much of a PC gamer, it does look good though.

Is the bot play fun? I may consider it one day on PC.
TyrannosaurTJ
Administrator
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic World Dominion
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Tyrannosaurus
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Hammond Collection Tyrannosaurus rex

Re: Predator: Hunting Grounds

Post by TyrannosaurTJ »

My issue with the Bots is that they come immediately right at me like they know where I'm at, even with my cloak on. It's a bit frustrating to deal with because usually the best thing when hunting the fireteam is to isolate them from each other to take them out. I've been playing these BOT matches to level up my Predator and unlock the equipment, cosmetics, and perks since the XP is pretty decent when you do the Classic Hunt match on the maps. The maps are various sizes, but you have more directives and "story" when you play as the Fireteam in them. The Predator? The goal is to kill the fire team. That's it, that's the goal - you don't have any other directives but murder, which is amusing for me. I was expecting them to have some sort of secondary objective tossed in with Predators recovering tech or information collected of some kind by either the OWLF or Project Stargazer. I've not tried it as Fireteam yet, since playing as the Predator I've had a strong desire for it since playing the Alien vs Predator games. The cosmetic I use is Scar from the first AVP movie and I wield a katana blade along with a Plasmacaster Pistol as backup. I've tried to use the disc a couple of times, I like the remote pilot feature, but you need to be really good with your aim as the maneuverability ain't too good. The net gun is fun, as are a few of the other weapons and gear. I was hoping they'd have a spear gun, but the closest is just throwing the combi-stick into your target.