Which Jurassic Aesthetic Is Your Favorite?

Come here and discuss the series, from Jurassic Park to all the way to Jurassic World Dominion!
Dinos4Ever
Co-Administrator
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Male Tyrannosaurus rex
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Thrasher T-Rex

Which Jurassic Aesthetic Is Your Favorite?

Post by Dinos4Ever »

For me, it's TLW without hesitation. The dark, primordial forest with the rotting remnants of InGen hidden within them was enough to make me dizzy with daydreams as a child. There is something truly terrifying on an instinctual level for you to be trapped on an island, cut off from society, in a dark, dangerous land with creatures everywhere wanting to eat you. Plus, I loved the dusty plains of the game trail, where military aesthetic vehicles chased down huge dinosaurs. Or the babbling creekbed with the foraging Stegosaurus. The dinosaurs themselves had a great aesthetic. More jungle-themed and less 1980s themed in their colorations. The wardrobe, too, was very military mixed with safari, evoking the image of a great African hunt from a bygone time. Everything about the movie just carried a great swell of danger and mystique.
SOMETHING HAS SURVIVED
TyrannosaurTJ
Administrator
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic World Dominion
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Tyrannosaurus
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Hammond Collection Tyrannosaurus rex

Re: Which Jurassic Aesthetic Is Your Favorite?

Post by TyrannosaurTJ »

TLW's one of my favorite aesthetics, but honestly I've come to appreciate how unique the first film's aesthetic is and appreciate it more.