Facebook Sucks...

Want to talk about life? Share here?
TyrannosaurTJ
Administrator

Facebook Sucks...

Post by TyrannosaurTJ » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:04 pm

Yeah, I'm going to dog on this a bit, but really I feel it is justified. Basically, Facebook unpublished our page for Jurassic-Pedia and didn't state reasons as to why. We've tried to file appeals and I've been spamming their so-called "support" emails like mad and haven't gotten anything in response. The whole thing is bullocks. We state we are a fan-run unofficial site. I don't know how much more obvious we can put it. I hate the corporation and hate the person running the whole thing. You can't have that kind of automation without it getting its wires crossed due to the biases of the programmers they hire to write those algorithms. If nothing is done I'll keep the Instagram, our Twitter, and our Discord, but I am going to suspend our Facebook groups and move everything in-house as I've wanted since the beginning. The goal would be to try to get our userbase to come here and populate the message board and converse like the old days before Facebook existed.
Paleontology Enthusiast, Life long Learner, Citizen Scientist, Jurassic Park & World series Media Archivist
Jurassic-Pedia | The Jurassic Encyclopedia