JWE2 Wishlists

Jurassic World Evolution was a great game, so great it received a sequel! It improved upon what was already there and became something much more amazing, be sure to discuss it here
Troodon_formosus
Contributor
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic World: Dominion
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Troodon

JWE2 Wishlists

Post by Troodon_formosus »

What's some stuff that you'd enjoy being added to JWE2 (or put into a future sequel)? Any Frontier employees who are secretly lurking on fan forums take note.

For me I'd love to see more things added to the lagoons to make them feel a bit less barren. The underwater decorations were a nice start, but I think they could get seafloor rocks the way you have on land, along with placeable "flora" the way you can place bushes and trees. The ability to change elevations underwater would also help it look nice, but I understand that's probably complicated just because of how they've designed the lagoons to work.
And, of course, adding ways to paint the terrain underwater the way it works on land! Different kinds of sand/rock/gravel/mud would be nice. Along with painting on different kinds of ecosystems, like coral reefs, kelp forests, and seagrass beds the way you can paint forests and grasslands elsewhere. I'd also add environment preferences to the different sea creatures to make this more rewarding. Finally, in order to allow for more kinds of sea creatures in the game, it would be cool to have a shellfish feeder; it'd work similar to the carnivore feeders on land, being located on the seafloor, and would offer things like crabs and shrimp that the animals can eat off of it.

Another thing I'd enjoy would be extra interactions between the animals and their world. Right now each species has a conspecific social interaction and a few different combat/predation interactions, but expanding the number of animations they have would add some variety. For example if they're housed alongside species they prefer the company of, they'd have unique interactions with those species. They could also interact with inanimate objects in their paddocks, which would let you give them much-needed enrichment. There could even be an element of gameplay where certain species need enrichment to avoid being stressed, although that might have trouble being integrated into the game at this point.
Small Fry: a tale from Biosyn Valley https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14296163/1/Small-Fry
Zmey
Compsognathus
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic Park
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Dilophosaurus
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Mug

Re: JWE2 Wishlists

Post by Zmey »

Things that were in JPOG:
Guest's characters and individual preferences, Baloon tours, dinos shitting, cleaners, guests interacting and reacting with items and environment.
Troodon_formosus
Contributor

Cleaning up dinosaur poop would give the rangers something more to do. Or, you could have compies in the enclosure to clean it up as an alternative method that'd save your rangers some time, but would introduce its own set of complications.
Small Fry: a tale from Biosyn Valley https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14296163/1/Small-Fry
Zmey
Compsognathus
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic Park
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Dilophosaurus
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Mug

Post by Zmey »

Mechanics in a game made 20 years ago shouldn't be a headache for modern game development, right?
TyrannosaurTJ
Administrator
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic World Dominion
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Tyrannosaurus
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Hammond Collection Tyrannosaurus rex

Post by TyrannosaurTJ »

I think what I'd like to see now is tranquilize and stimulant functions returned to ranger road vehicles instead of just being exclusive to the Helicopters only for JWE2, they had done this for both air and land for JWE1 at some point. I just think it makes the game more exciting. As for what else can be added, maybe the ability to add things like a river adventure and more decorations in terms of buildings and various other things too. The bestiary they have is pretty good so far, but to complete the Nublar Species List, we need Segisaurus. I would also argue the addition of some Prosauropods and maybe Heterodontosaurus. Also, we need to get some more dino-birds too.
Troodon_formosus
Contributor

Since the DLC packs usually have four species, I think if I were put in charge of new packs (and given sufficient budget, of course) I'd do one for mammals and one for arthropods, to spice things up. Each one would need you to research new technology in order to clone them, since you couldn't just hatch them from eggs like with the creatures in the game now.

For the mammals I'd go with a woolly mammoth (large herbivore, cold-tolerant, needs decent population and lots of open space), Smilodon (medium-sized predator, somewhat social, not very tolerant of other animals), Basilosaurus (the marine creature, pretty large and will eat sharks), and Entelodon (an aggressive omnivore which needs a diverse diet).

For the arthropods I'd use Meganeura (has to be kept in aviaries, has an insectivore diet but will scavenge and can eat compies, vulnerable to most predators larger than itself), Jaekelopterus (the marine species, a fish-eater), Arthropleura (a medium-ish herbivore, needs forest environments and soft plants), and Pulmonoscorpius (a predator with a venomous sting that feeds on smaller animals and carrion, intolerant of other species).

It would also be nice to let the very small animals, like Lystrosaurus and Compsognathus, have interactions with other creatures their size.
Troodon_formosus
Contributor

Huh, so with the new hybrids pack, they actually have implemented a couple of interspecies friendly interactions like I was talking about! Hope that keeps up.