Registration Feedback

Do you need to get in contact with the staff or need some help? Come and post a message here.
TyrannosaurTJ
Administrator
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic World Dominion
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Tyrannosaurus
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Hammond Collection Tyrannosaurus rex

Registration Feedback

Post by TyrannosaurTJ »

So I'm looking to collect feedback for the registration process on the forum so I can endeavor to improve the process for people to register by making it easier. Right now we have a couple of questions people have to answer followed by administrator approval needed to confirm the user is not a spambot trying to get in to turn the forum into a flaming dumpster.

The caveat is that if you make the spam countermeasures too easy to bypass, they can register and cause a mess for members and staff alike. For as long as I can remember spambots have always tried to find a way around the countermeasures (Click here if you are a robot, enter the text from this unique image, etc) to dissuade them from registration entirely. It is essentially an arms race of sorts. Lately, I've noticed that with the advent of AI, they have been getting in more often and figuring out the registration questions quicker. So please understand the questions are only there to DISCOURAGE the idiot spambots. That said, I do need help in making these questions easy for a person to understand and answer, but not necessarily easy for an AI or Spambot account to determine, answer, and get access. So if anyone has any suggestions on the feedback process (or even knows of good addons and mods for PHPBB3!) I'm open to ideas, suggestions, and advice.

Please use this thread provided for feedback, thanks!