Brian Franczak Appreciation Thread

Come and discuss the subject of science - specifically biology, geology, and related subjects in those fields! The whole forum is dedicated to the actual research that the field of paleontology uncovers about our natural world all the way from the beginning, to now, and hopefully someday even beyond.
Benjenkinsrex
Compsognathus
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic Park
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Tyrannosaurus Rex
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Hammond Collection T.Rex

Brian Franczak Appreciation Thread

Post by Benjenkinsrex »

This thread is dedicated to the late Brian Franczak (1955-2020) who was a paleo artist whose work graced many Dinosaur books and merchandise throughout the 90s. He even illustrated the Kenner JP collector cards. Feel free to share your favorite works from Franczak whether they be paleoart or JP card art.
Attachments
images (1).jpeg
Franczek-Giraffaritan.jpg
triceratops.jpg
TyrannosaurTJ
Administrator
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic World Dominion
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Tyrannosaurus
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Hammond Collection Tyrannosaurus rex

Re: Brian Franczak Appreciation Thread

Post by TyrannosaurTJ »

I was really sad when I found out he passed away in 2020. He seemed to do some really awesome art and I really loved his work with the Jurassic Park cards. I used to spend hours upon hours looking at my Jurassic Park toy cards and imagining how the situation depicted in them played out. I even tried to act out some of the scenes with my figures then as well because they made such a huge impression on how I felt the park functioned. I really wish the art cards for the series had continued well into season 2 to flesh out things like the Dino Trackers and Evil Raiders though as well.