Canceled Jurassic World Roleplaying Game

From Jurassic Park NES to Jurassic World Evolution 2, it'll be here!
WedgeDAntilles
Contributor
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Stegosaurus
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Bull rex

Canceled Jurassic World Roleplaying Game

Post by WedgeDAntilles »

Hello everyone!

So long story short, I was part of a team that helped produce a Jurassic World Roleplaying Game similar to Dungeons and Dragons as well as the original Star Wars Roleplaying Games. We produced a handful of stories as well as a fully fleshed-out encyclopedia. Unfortunately, it was canceled due to the company I worked for disappearing.

If y'all would want to talk about it, I'd be happy to! Been dying to talk about it since the NDA ended.
I produced a now cancelled Jurassic World RPG which has now transformed into its own Miniatures Game!

Clone-a-Saurus: The Miniatures Game: https://www.cloneasaurustmg.com/
Jason Preston
Hatchling
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Tyrannosaurus rex

Re: Canceled Jurassic World Roleplaying Game

Post by Jason Preston »

I could talk about this all day long! I'm not very well versed on RPGs and the like, though. Was the RPG supposed to be canon? Outside of game-specific mechanics and stats, I assume.

Regarding the encyclopedia, is it something you actually have, or would that be Universal's proprietary property and locked with them internally?

Did the encyclopedia pour more fuel to the fire of the adult Dilophosaurus size debate, or attempt to end it by picking a side?

I'm aware Camp Cretaceous isn't considered canon internally (or is allowed to be disregarded, at least?), but did any of the characters and/or dinosaurs make it in? Was the JP3 Spinosaurus confirmed to be Asset 87? Did Mantah Corps Island get acknowledged, or Mantah in general? Did Dodgson really find the Barbasol can randomly on Nublar?
WedgeDAntilles
Contributor
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Stegosaurus
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Bull rex

Post by WedgeDAntilles »

Jason Preston wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:58 pm
I could talk about this all day long! I'm not very well versed on RPGs and the like, though. Was the RPG supposed to be canon? Outside of game-specific mechanics and stats, I assume.

Regarding the encyclopedia, is it something you actually have, or would that be Universal's proprietary property and locked with them internally?

Did the encyclopedia pour more fuel to the fire of the adult Dilophosaurus size debate, or attempt to end it by picking a side?

I'm aware Camp Cretaceous isn't considered canon internally (or is allowed to be disregarded, at least?), but did any of the characters and/or dinosaurs make it in? Was the JP3 Spinosaurus confirmed to be Asset 87? Did Mantah Corps Island get acknowledged, or Mantah in general? Did Dodgson really find the Barbasol can randomly on Nublar?
Hell yes ahaha and same!

The stories and encyclopedia for the RPG was intended to be Canon.

The Dilo was a source of debate, we had written that due to genetic anomalies we had Dilos who's growth was stunted however a handful of specimens reached full size.

The characters and general events (except Season 4 and 5) were mentioned vaguely. We actually had plans to release a more kiddy version of the RPG under the CC brand. Treated it as a sort of "Baby's first RPG".

Spinosaurus stayed on Sorna. Since it was a rare species with only one individual, we actually had it that baby Spinos were a rare pet/commodity. No Mantah Island or mention of the company.

To find out about the Barbasol Can, you'll have to read our JPTG remake story heh
I produced a now cancelled Jurassic World RPG which has now transformed into its own Miniatures Game!

Clone-a-Saurus: The Miniatures Game: https://www.cloneasaurustmg.com/
TyrannosaurTJ
Administrator
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic World Dominion
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Tyrannosaurus
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Hammond Collection Tyrannosaurus rex

Post by TyrannosaurTJ »

It saddens me greatly this was canceled. It would have been a massive benefit to the lore and various other universe-building aspects of the series. I've always wanted to take the work we've done on the encyclopedia and publish it as a resource for people looking to have something "in-film" almost akin to a Visual Guide Encyclopedia type of deal. It would definitely make all the blood, sweat, and tears I've personally put into the encyclopedia totally worth it. I've been working on the encyclopedia nearly since 2000. XD